Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dreams/Conflict

I have these two dreams that sometimes I feel are tearing me in half. On one side, I want to move, to shake, to travel, to take chances, to meet all sorts of different people, to be a gypsy and see the world. I want to experience the weird and uncommon, I want to have wild love affairs, I want to find and love kindred spirits, I want to see the most beautiful sights our Mother Earth has to offer. I want to do all sorts of crazy and amazing things I will remember with a grin when I am wrinkled and white haired. I want to have stories to tell to shock and delight the young people who will visit me. I want to DO, I want to feel alive, to feel the delicious electricity of life surging through me, filling me to past bursting. I want this so bad it makes my heart beat fast and my eyes water. I am impatient to stretch my legs, to wander and explore. Yet on the other side, my heart yearns for a perfect place to put down roots, a real life home. A place where I can love the land and the people, a place where I can grow my heirloom tomatoes and my old fashioned flowers. A home filled with friends and the family of my heart, where kindred spirits gather and linger over good home cooking. Where a warm fire and making music (or making love) is a common occurrence. A place I can stay and still love ten, twenty years later. I know I can't have both at the same time but I also know I have a lot of time. I think I can have both in this life, in fact I know I can. It's just a matter of deciding when, how and where.

2 comments:

Million said...

My solution? Put roots down now, but don't let them get too deep. Just deep enough for me to grow and be ready to put down somewhere else.

Don't know if it will work though. Plus, it requires dealing with a lot of BS in the short term. As you can tell I'm all about the long game.

Jane Hards Photography said...

We all need to grow. So you can plant roots, but they may get trampled upon and neglected, but might survive and nourish elsewhere. cut out the deadwood to allow for the new growth.
when it blooms, you'll know it.


b