Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy March!

I feel it's safe to say that it finally feels like spring will be here soon. The weather was amazingly beautiful last weekend. I had been feeling so shitty. Sunday was so warm and sunny, all I really wanted to do was sit outside and soak up as much sunshine as I could, all that glorious warmth, light and energy I had been missing out on all winter. I felt so happy just being a sponge. Ahhh....and little green things are beginning to sprout up out of the ground! How wonderful! How awesome! How so delightfully glorious! We still have some cold weather ahead of us, but hope has arrived at last ;-)

It's getting down to the wire here. I'll be leaving in a month and a half (ok, so not really that far down to the wire yet, but hey...it's closer than a month ago!) Leaving also means I'll be quitting my jobs and moving out, so no more income and no more permanent home! I'm starting to sketch out a basic budget for my summer and I've realized I'm really going to have to clamp down on my spending, I'll need every penny if I'm going to do all the things I want to do! That's alright, I'm really good at saving money. I can do it! And I'll be livin' cheap this summer! I'm talking about camping and crashing on couches instead of paying rent kinda cheap. I'm so excited! Hopefully soon I'll find a decent bike for free or cheap so I can drive less too. As far as food goes, I'm not opposed to dumpster diving, I may have to give it a try. The farmers' market will be up and running too, maybe I can find a farmer who will give me tasty produce in exchange for some work. Hrm....lots of ideas! More ideas are of course very welcome if any of you wonderful people have any. Ehh??

No comments: