Friday, December 14, 2007

New Skill to be Acquired: Barista!

I'm feeling good! I've been looking for another job for the past couple of months, and I finally found one today! I'm so glad! I will now be a barista at an awesome locally owned coffee shop. It was pretty easy too, I picked up an app yesterday, handed it directly to the owner today and we talked right then. I'll be starting next week, woot! I'll have the chance to work at their location downtown, or at their kiosks around town. This change will be really nice I think. Something new and different at least. And it means I'll have some coffee shop experience, so finding a job wherever else may be easier. I'm pretty glad to have found a job at another local business (woo for not working at Starbucks!). I was beginning to think I'd have to go corporate because I wasn't having much luck. Corporate working, while it has its perks, just doesn't seem as fun! Yeah new job!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you got away from the other place. Welcome to the exiting world of making coffee a lot. Soon we can have late art making contests, I can make apples and hearts so far.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jacob! Apples and hearts huh? Hrm...we'll see how things go!