Monday, October 27, 2008

Ready to Firehoop!

Since going to Burning Man, my desire to add fire to my hooping has greatly increased. Every time I see someone playing with fire, whether or not they are hooping, it makes me wonder what the hell I'm waiting for! I watched a few people firehoop at Burning Man and I made sure to pay attention to what they were doing and how it compared to my own skill level. Mostly they were doing things I already know how to do, so that gave me some more confidence. There is so much more I can learn and so much more room for improvement of course, but after seeing other folks firehoop who aren't necessarily "performers" I felt more inspired to just do it. If they can do it, so can I! ;-) All I need to do is acquire a firehoop and start practicing with it. Realistically it might actually be a while yet before that happens, but it just feels good knowing that at this point, I could do it. Woot! Now for an inspiring (and kinda hot) video...

No comments: